Benefits of Buying New
There are many reasons why buying a new home makes sense. We've covered some of these benefits below:
- Warranties – All our new homes have a standard 10-year NHBC (National House Building Council) warranty. The NHBC is the standard setter for UK house building and its warranty is the UK’s most comprehensive new home warranty. Morrish’s own warranty also stands in the first two years of occupation covering snagging issues (terms and conditions apply). All appliances are also covered by their own warranties too.
- Lower maintenance bills – Due to high insulation levels, new double glazing and up-to-date heating technology, as well as the newness of fixtures and fittings, a new Morrish home is likely to offer lower running costs
- Choice – If you are able to buy a new Morrish home off-plan early there may be the opportunity to influence some finishing to your new home
- Future value – Re-sale values tend to be better on new homes than second hand homes so they may be a better investment
- Safety and security – All new Morrish houses have double glazing, smoke alarms and security alarm systems offering the purchaser piece of mind that they will be safe and secure in their home
- Ease of purchase – Buying a new home means there is no seller chain or survey to worry about and makes the whole process easier and more certain. It can also help to attract a buyer for your own home by providing them with more chain certainty
- Help to Buy – Help to Buy is a government scheme only available on new build homes which makes buying a home even more affordable. The Government will loan a 20 percent contribution to a new home meaning the purchaser only needs to raise a 5% deposit. See our Help to Buy pages
AND OF COURSE
- Everything is brand new and unused!
Buying a Morrish Home: A Step-by-Step Guide
We all know that buying a house is one of the biggest decisions and most costly purchases you will make in your lifetime. That’s why we are here to do all we can do to make buying a Morrish Home as easy as possible.
These simple steps will help guide you through the process of buying a Morrish Home:
- Work out what you can afford: Buying a house is a long-term commitment. Think about what you can afford to fit in with your lifestyle.
- Getting a mortgage: It is a good idea to secure a ‘mortgage in principle’ offer with a lender before you start your search for a home. This will make the negotiation process much quicker and easier. The Morrish Builders Sales Team can recommend lenders or Financial Advisors. Many lenders have mortgage calculators on their websites which can help you determine what they will lend you.
- Choosing the right Morrish Home for you: Ours Sales Team can match a suitable property to your requirements or you can view our search facility on our website here. We have brochures for each property type available for you.
- Arrange property viewings: Our Sales Team are always on hand to show you around our homes seven days a week. Contact the Sales Office at Poundbury, Dorchester on 01305 213745 or in Cornwall on 01637 838171. Please do come armed with a list of questions – we are always happy to help.
- Making a reservation: Once you have found your ideal Morrish Home which suits your requirements the next stage is to agree a sale price (have your offer accepted!) and make a reservation. Morrish will ask you to complete the reservation form with a small deposit of £1000. The property is then taken off the market and is reserved for 28 days within which time exchange of contracts should take place.*
- Complete your mortgage application form: At this point in the buying process you will need to complete your mortgage application form and send it back to the lender so they can conduct a valuation on the Morrish home and produce your mortgage offer for you to return.
- Conveyancing – the legal process for buying a house: If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to instruct a Solicitor who will take over the legal process for you. Our Sales Team can recommend a Solicitor to you. For more information on what the legal process entails click here. An exchange of contract date suitable for both parties will be agreed at this stage.
- *Legal Exchange of Contracts: By this stage the mortgage lender will have approved the mortgage and the solicitor is happy with the surveys and searches. This is when you become legally committed to buying the property which entails both sides signing the paperwork, and the customer paying the stamp duty and the deposit on the property (usually ten percent of the property price).Morrish can recommend any suitable insurance providers to insure your new home as you are now responsible for this. A moving or completion date will be discussed at this stage.
- Familiarisation meeting with Morrish: You will be invited to attend a familiarisation meeting with a Site Foreman and a member of the Sales Team. This will be an opportunity to find out how everything works so you have all the necessary information ready for moving in.
- Completion Day: This is the day you get the keys to the house and you can move in. We will contact you once we have received confirmation from our Solicitor that monies have been transferred. We will ensure the utility meters are read with you. Congratulations – you now officially own a Morrish Home!
- After Sales Care: Our customer care team is available to answer any queries you may have. We encourage you to let us know of any snagging issues as soon as possible after moving in.
- Customer Feedback – Feedback from Customers is essential for us to continue to offer excellent service. You will receive a customer feedback from us shortly after moving in which we encourage to you to complete and return in confidence.